Are you looking for a rewarding construction career with a company committed to building a workplace where solid teamwork, collaboration and accountability are at the forefront of our interactions with each other, and with our clients? Yoe Construction is currently seeking a Finish Carpenter to join our team.
You will work on various industrial, commercial, institutional, and related projects that supply the construction field. The Finish Carpenter will aid in framing work, trim carpentry, interior finishes, doors, windows, flooring, and drywall.
- Classification: Hourly
- Pay: Weekly
- Reports to: Foreman
- Location: Varies
Yoe Construction is a team-oriented company that invests in your growth to help you meet your career goals. Yoe fosters a fun, engaging company culture that rewards hard work and prioritizes safety and quality.
What else makes Yoe a great place to work?
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Travel Benefits & Flexible Scheduling
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% Company Match
- Vacation Time
- Friendly, Safety-Focused Culture
Most importantly, work with Yoe because of our values:
INTEGRITY | QUALITY | SAFETY | TEAMWORK
Finish Carpenter Responsibilities
- Participates in “safety toolbox meetings.”
- Assists Foreman as directed.
- Concrete – forming, preparation, pouring, and finishing.
- Framing – metal and wood, trusses, and sheeting.
- Siding – installation and repair/replacement.
- Windows – installation and trim.
- Doors – installation of frames, hardware, edit and panic devices.
- Drywall – hanging and finishing.
- Ceiling – installation of ceiling grids and tiles.
- Layout dimension from blueprints.
- Ability to interpret written directions/specifications.
- Other duties as assigned by the Foreman and/or the General Superintendent.
- Three (3) years’ experience
- A willingness to further education by attending apprenticeship training or other job skills training offered by the company.
- Experience in the construction or contracting industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate, and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust, or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity or cold and wet conditions.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
- Travel will be required locally.
- Must be willing to travel and work from project sites.
- Comfortable working at a customer’s jobsite as required.
- Comfortable working off hours or OT if needed to complete a project.
- High school diploma/GED
- Basic first aid training
- 10-Hour OSHA training
- MSHA Part 46 training
- Valid driver’s license
- Must live within a 30-mile radius of Dallastown, PA.
Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including a drug test.
Join Team Yoe!
Complete the online application below to get started.