Are you looking for a rewarding construction career with a company committed to building a workplace where solid teamwork, collaboration and accountability are at the forefront of our interactions with each other, and with our clients? Yoe Construction is currently seeking a Concrete Foreman to join our team.
The Concrete Foreman will lead workforce planning, job site safety and crew members daily, serving as a key participant in building long-lasting relationships with Yoe Construction team members, clients, and contractors. The ideal candidate will be a role model who leads by example and takes responsibility with integrity and honesty to deliver value and project success.
The Concrete Foreman will oversee skilled laborers. An ideal candidate should possess a solid background in the field, with strong leadership skills, able to direct the work of others, make quick decisions and be willing to travel.
- Classification: Hourly
- Pay: Weekly
- Reports to: General Superintendent
- Location: Varies
Yoe Construction is a team-oriented company that invests in your growth to help you meet your career goals. Yoe fosters a fun, engaging company culture that rewards hard work and prioritizes safety and quality.
What else makes Yoe a great place to work?
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Travel Benefits & Flexible Scheduling
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% Company Match
- Vacation Time
- Friendly, Safety-Focused Culture
Most importantly, work with Yoe because of our values:
INTEGRITY | QUALITY | SAFETY | TEAMWORK
Concrete Foreman Responsibilities
- Participates in and monitors “safety toolbox meetings.”
- Ensures timely responses, actions, and corrections to any safety issues/needs.
- Orders manpower as required through the General Superintendent.
- Communicates with the General Superintendent regarding all aspects of the job.
- Assigns daily crew tasks.
- Recognizes, addresses, and resolves issues as they arise on the job site.
- Reviews and tracks weekly job cost and production along with General Superintendent.
- Identifies needs and deficiencies in the look ahead plan/schedule and communicates with the General Superintendent.
- Ensures crew compliance with project policies and procedures.
- Works with the crew to overcome work challenges with effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Identifies, verifies, and reports any scheduling conflicts with other crews and contractors to the appropriate personnel.
- Communicate and coordinate with other trades to avoid and resolve job site conflicts.
- Leads crew in productive manner.
- Effectively communicates orally and in writing with good comprehension.
- Possesses team-building skills.
- Assesses crew skills to be able to coach and teach.
- Accountable for ensuring that work completed meets and/or exceeds company standards.
- Responsible for implementing work processes to improve productivity and product quality.
- Oversees the execution of work including quality and production by ensuring crew work to the job specifications and follow drawings.
- Review quality and coordinate resolution to any deficiencies.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience as a qualified, competent lead person.
- Experienced and comprehends concrete construction techniques with the ability to precisely layout jobsite foundations/wall/sites scope and objectives.
- Company and project safety programs and objectives.
- Working knowledge of collective agreements and company policies.
- Read drawings and interpret specifications.
- Strong knowledge of scheduling and planning.
- Knowledge of administrative tools and systems (company reports and applicable paperwork)
- The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of concrete construction, excellent leadership skills, and a keen eye for detail.
- Strong knowledge of concrete construction techniques, materials, and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate, and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust, or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity or cold and wet conditions.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
- Travel will be required.
- Must be willing to travel and work from project sites.
- Comfortable working at a customer’s jobsite as required.
- Comfortable working off hours or OT if needed to complete a project.
- High school diploma/GED.
- English/ Bilingual
- Computer skills.
- Basic first aid training.
- 10-Hour OSHA training.
- MSHA Part 46 training.
- Valid driver’s license (Class C and DOT Medical Card).
- Must live within a 30-mile radius of Dallastown, PA.
Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including a drug test.
Join Team Yoe!
Complete the online application below to get started.