General Construction Laborer
Are you looking for a rewarding construction career with a company committed to building a workplace where solid teamwork, collaboration and accountability are at the forefront of our interactions with each other, and with our clients? Yoe Construction is currently seeking a General Construction Laborer.
You will work on various industrial, commercial, institutional, and related projects that supply the construction field. The General Construction Laborer will serve as a key participant in building long-lasting relationships with Yoe team members, clients, and contractors.
- Classification: Hourly
- Pay: Weekly
- Reports to: Foreman & General Superintendent
- Location: Varies
Yoe Construction is a team-oriented company that invests in your growth to help you meet your career goals. Yoe fosters a fun, engaging company culture that rewards hard work and prioritizes safety and quality.
What else makes Yoe a great place to work?
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Travel Benefits & Flexible Scheduling
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% Company Match
- Vacation Time
- Friendly, Safety-Focused Culture
Most importantly, work with Yoe because of our values:
INTEGRITY | QUALITY | SAFETY | TEAMWORK
General Construction Laborer Responsibilities
- Participates in “safety toolbox meetings”.
- Construction Laborers perform tasks involving physical labor at construction projects.
- May operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to read tape measure.
- May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials, etc.
- May assist other craft workers.
- Performing a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in construction projects.
- Maintaining a clean job site: picking up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Handling and storing materials.
- Shoveling, raking, seeding, checking grade, etc.
- Loading and unloading trucks and hauling and hoisting materials
- Ensuring that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed, bringing problems to the attention of the Foreman, Safety Director, General Superintendent.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Superintendent.
- A willingness to further education by attending apprenticeship training or other job skills training offered by the company.
- Skill in the standard use of tools and equipment of the profession.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Must have excellent stamina.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate, and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust, or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity or cold and wet conditions.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals or waste.
- Travel will be required. Must be willing to travel and work from project sites.
- Comfortable working at a customer’s jobsite as required.
- Comfortable working off hours or OT if needed to complete a project.
- Shiftwork may be required.
- Weekend work may be required.
- High school diploma/GED
- Basic first aid training
- 10-Hour OSHA Certification
- MSHA Part 46 Certification
- Industrial machine licenses (such as a forklift license) preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must live within a 30-mile radius of Dallastown, PA.
Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including a drug test.
Join Team Yoe!
Complete the online application below to get started.