Are you looking for a rewarding construction career with a company committed to building a workplace where solid teamwork, collaboration and accountability are at the forefront of our interactions with each other, and with our clients? Yoe Construction is currently seeking a Millwright/Welder to join our team.
An ideal candidate should possess a solid background in the field of fabricating and welding, have knowledge of basic rigging principles and can safely operate equipment (such as a forklift, manlift, iron worker, etc.), and you’re seeking an opportunity to learn and grow, reach out! Generous travel pay and flexible scheduling are available for those interested in traveling.
- Classification: Hourly
- Pay: Weekly
- Reports to: Foreman
- Location: Varies
Yoe Construction is a team-oriented company that invests in your growth to help you meet your career goals. Yoe fosters a fun, engaging company culture that rewards hard work and prioritizes safety and quality.
What else makes Yoe a great place to work?
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Travel Benefits & Flexible Scheduling
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% Company Match
- Vacation Time
- Friendly, Safety-Focused Culture
Most importantly, work with Yoe because of our values:
INTEGRITY | QUALITY | SAFETY | TEAMWORK
- Participates in “safety toolbox meetings.”
- Assists manager/foreman/superintendent as directed.
- Competent to perform layout using drawings, sketches, and verbal instruction.
- Competent in reading measuring tools (tape, scale, angle finder, protractor and square) to 1/16” and or 1 mm as drawings require.
- Understanding what “square” is when fabricating and holding tolerances as described in drawings.
- Competent with welding mig/stick/tig and knowledge of general set-up of welding machines
- Ability to interpret written directions/specifications.
- Ability to operate forklift/telehandler/manlift/overhead crane/metal saw/press brake/iron worker etc.
- Trained in basic rigging principles and techniques.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Foreman and/or the General Superintendent.
- Three (3) years’ experience
- A willingness to further education by attending apprenticeship training or other job skills training offered by the company.
- AWS D1.1 welding certification, or the ability to undergo the testing to receive AWS D1.1 welding certification.
- Experience in the construction or contracting industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust, or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity or cold and wet conditions.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
- Out-of-town Travel will be required.
- Must be willing to travel and work from project sites.
- Comfortable working at a customer’s jobsite as required.
- Comfortable working off hours or OT if needed to complete a project.
- High school diploma/GED
- Basic first aid training
- 10-Hour OSHA training
- MSHA Part 46 training
- Valid driver’s license
- Must live within a 30-mile radius of Dallastown, PA.
Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including a drug test.
Join Team Yoe!
Complete the online application below to get started.