Are you looking for a rewarding construction career with a company committed to building a workplace where solid teamwork, collaboration and accountability are at the forefront of our interactions with each other, and with our clients? Yoe Construction is currently seeking Skilled Laborers.
You will work on various industrial, commercial, institutional, and related projects that supply the construction field. An ideal candidate should possess a solid background in the field of construction. The Skilled Laborer will serve as a key participant in building long-lasting relationships with Yoe Construction team members, clients, and contractors.
- Classification: Hourly
- Pay: Weekly
- Reports to: Foreman
- Location: Varies
Yoe Construction is a team-oriented company that invests in your growth to help you meet your career goals. Yoe fosters a fun, engaging company culture that rewards hard work and prioritizes safety and quality.
What else makes Yoe Construction a great place to work?
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Travel Benefits & Flexible Scheduling
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% Company Match
- Vacation Time
- Friendly, Safety-Focused Culture
Most importantly, work with Yoe because of our values:
INTEGRITY | QUALITY | SAFETY | TEAMWORK
Skilled Laborer Responsibilities
- Erects and dismantles scaffolding.
- Demolishes buildings and dismantle forms, along with setting up pumps and hoses.
- Removes projections from concrete using a variety of mechanized and hand tools and equipment.
- Signals operators of construction equipment (such as cranes and diggers) facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery.
- Digs trenches using spades and other equipment by ensuring that they conform to length and width specifications.
- Levels earth to fine grade specifications and ensures that extra soil / earth is stored or piled in designated areas.
- Mixes, grades, and pours concrete in appropriate quantities into existing frameworks by following provided instructions.
- Clears work sites by removing debris and hazardous materials to make them ready for construction work.
- Transports tools and equipment to and from storage areas or delivery trucks before and after each shift.
- Installs and removes barricades to aid in ensuring worksite safety.
- Cleans hand tools on a regular basis and performs preventative and general maintenance on construction equipment and machinery.
- Ascertains the safety of all tools and machinery by ensuring that they are kept under lock and key and issued to authorized personnel only.
- Assists other craft workers as needed or assigned.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
- Three or more years of Laborer related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other industrial structures.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and construction industrial equipment.
- A willingness to further education by attending apprenticeship training or other job skills training offered by the company.
- Skill in the standard use of tools and equipment of the profession.
- Ability to work successfully as a team and independently with moderate supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints.
- Ability to comprehend and trouble-shoot mechanical systems.
- Performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Must have excellent stamina.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate, and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust, or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity or cold and wet conditions.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals or waste.
- Travel will be required locally.
- Must be willing to travel and work from project sites.
- Comfortable working at a customer’s jobsite as required.
- Comfortable working off hours or OT if needed to complete a project.
- Shiftwork may be required.
- Weekend work may be required.
- High school diploma/GED
- Basic first aid training
- 10-Hour OSHA Certification
- MSHA Part 46 Certification
- Industrial machine licenses (such as a forklift license) preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must live within a 30-mile radius of Dallastown, PA.
Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including a drug test.
Join Team Yoe!
Complete the online application below to get started.